Friday, November 21, 2008

Bartlett Dives Into Reading Progress Report


Today I was teaching a math group to some second graders and one student said, "I like Bartlett Dives Into Reading better than the Reading Rainforest." I asked him why, and he said, "I like having fish swimming around me in the cafeteria."

Indeed, as I write, there are 82 fish swimming in the cafeteria. We are off to a great start to the program with 45% of the students at Bartlett participating. On Thursday, we had our first lunchtime raffle. This was a lot of fun and hopefully motivated the students who haven't yet turned in their reading log to get one turned in. I will have another raffle before the break in December.

A special commendation goes to Mrs. Audley's class which has 75% of her students participating! Wow! Keep up the good work.

No comments: